Sunday, November 30, 2008

icarus and helios

together, my love, we could overtake
darkness, live life as it should always be,
and see our own dawn. but you shall wake,
alone, as I have fallen to the sea,

swirling in your love and light, caught up by
thoughts of you and your gleaming, golden hair
instead of waking with you, as I try
to stay forever, but i am not there,

forever lost in waves, drifting away
from you. we shall not speak again, my love
for now I am gone, with nothing to say,
save farewell. but know this; that i have loved

well, i loved my sky and heavens, and you
my sun, my love and my light, loved me too.

2 comments:

Lena B said...

I absolutely love this poem, for reasons I can't fully explain. i hope it's all right that I'm showing this to my writing club for our poetry day. (moony_luna from LJ, by the way.) :)

hy_perion said...

It's alright! It's more than alright. I'm glad you like it. :D
Let me know how it goes.
<3 me.